How long is the waiting time for making an appointment?
– We aim to schedule an appointment within 1 to 1,5 weeks. The examinations take place every Tuesday- and Thursday morning.
What is the processing time of the examination?
– If the patient is healthy and no abnormalities are found during the examinations, we can submit the examination in 3 to 4 working days in the E-medical system and send it to the immigration office.
Should a patient needs to fast before the examination?
– No, you may eat and drink.
Does the patient receive a copy of the E-medical file?
– Yes, once we have completed the file in the E-medical system, the client will receive an email to check the email address. If the e-mail is answered by the client that the e-mail address is correct then we will send a PDF document with the results.
Should a under-aged client come with guidance (<16 y/o)?
– Yes, a parent / guardian must come so the client declaration can be signed.
I only have to do a chest x ray examination, what is the procedure now? (Only for New Zealand)
– In this case, the patient can go to the DC Clinic without appointment with his passport, debit card (at least € 75), and the e-mail indicating that only a chest x ray is required. They will create a case in the E-medical system and the result of the chest x ray will be added to this file. You can visit the DC Kliniek Amsterdam every working day without an appointment from Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. The address is: Tesselschadestraat 4, 1054 ET in Amsterdam.
What should be done with the “Information sheet”?
– The “Information Sheet” is the form that the E-medical system prints out after creating a personal case for the client. This form is given to the client with the explanation that this is important to send with the application. The information sheet is proof that the examination has been done and is the connection between the patient and the E-medical case.
Urine must be checked from the age of 5 years, on what will the urine be checked?
– Erythrocytes = Red Blood cells
– Cells Protein = Protein
– Glucose = Sugar
Does anything have to be taken for children?
– For children up to 5 years old, the consultation book from the GGD must be taken.
Do you also need to take a chest x ray during pregnancy?
If a women is pregnant we don’t do a chest x-ray. In this case we put a file ‘on hold’ and the chest x-ray has to be done when the woman has given birth. The client has to arrange this by herself. By New Zealand and Australia it is possible to go there and do the x-ray over there after giving birth. It is not possible to go to Canada before the x-ray has been done.
Are the costs reimbursed by the health insurer?
The costs are not reimbursed by the insurance, because it is for a voluntary trip. It is not required from medical insights.